America is suffering from a terrifying syndrome: IHOSFO — It Happened Once, So FREAK OUT.
Only IHOSFO explains today’s MSN Headline:
Why you should never leave plastic water bottles in a hot car
Ok, MSN: Why shouldn’t you do this thing that I’m guessing about 200,000,000 people are doing right now, seeing as it’s August?
Because one time the sun hit the water bottle just right, and the bottle + water concentrated the beam of light like a magnifying glass (or, as the reporter says, “like a laser”) and began to burn a hole in the seat. “Experts say” never ever do this again unless you want to DIE (I’m paraphrasing). They also give this tip you’d never have thought of on your own. (Sit down): “Take the bottle with you.”
And the guy it happened to made an “instructive” video, which inspired this other video, below, teaching us the dangers of something that we all know from our experience of living on earth and having water bottles in the car is extremely SAFE.