Oh readers, I bet you of all people can guess WHY a hazmat crew was dispatched to Â Seminole High School in Florida yesterday. According to this dnzhnytiba
WTSP report, it was to save kids from a dangerous chemical a student brought into the building: MERCURY! In a THERMOMETER!
The kid brought it in as his homework, to illustrate a substance from the periodic table. But once it was discovered, says WTSP:
…the school went into lockdown.
Deputies sayÂ the thermometer was discovered as the substances were checked before going through the school.
No one was put in harm’s way, but a hazmat crew was there as a precaution.
A precaution against what? Everyone at school might get sickened by stupidity? If so, they were too late. – L.
Can you get mercury poisoning from just looking at this photo? Better not look, just as a precaution.